OnlineAnnuityRates.com Inc. Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to customer information OnlineAnnuityRates.com Inc. collects through this website.
- Information We Collect
We collect your information from the following sources:
- information you give us when you fill out forms, such as during online purchases, customer service inquiries, and surveys;
- information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update our records; and
- information that we collect automatically when you visit our website, such as information about your browser settings and other information collected through cookies.
- How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- We use your information to provide products and services and to manage our business operations. For example, we use your information in order to fill your orders, answer your inquiries, authenticate you when you sign into online services, prevent loss and fraud, and analyze our business operations and website performance.
- We combine all the information we collect other than information relating to your browsing history.
- We share information with our affiliates who may be outside of Canada and may be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
- We use third parties to assist us in our operations. We may share your information with these third parties in order to provide services to you.
- Your information may be shared with our marketing partners to offer products and services which may be of interest to you.
- Your Choices
- You may notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information. We may, however, retain information about your previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
- How to Contact Us
- If you have a privacy question or concern, please contact us at: email@example.com
Detailed Privacy Notice
- About Us
This website is operated by OnlineAnnuityRates.com Inc.
We have appointed a privacy officer who is accountable for our personal information handling practices. If you have a question or complaint about our personal information handling practices, please contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org, and use the subject line: “PRIVACY NOTICE ENQUIRY.”
In this Privacy Notice, the terms “we”, “our” and “us” mean OnlineAnnuityRates.com Inc.
- Effective Date and Scope
This Privacy Notice is effective as of April 18, 2016.
This Privacy Notice governs our practices with respect to personal information we collect through this website.
- What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. This information includes your personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal cellphone number, your image, and may include your age, your income and other similar information when associated with you. Personal information may also be information containing details as to whether you have opened our promotional e-mails or how you have used our website, if we can associate that personal information with you.
We collect personal information from you when you complete a form or communicate with us using our web forms to make a request or ask a question, or otherwise submit personal information to us with your communication.
We receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, we may acquire information about you from other promotional or marketing companies with whom you shared your information and whom you have allowed to provide information to us.
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your information to provide products and services and to manage our business operations. Some examples include:
- to register your account;
- to fulfill your requests for products and services;
- to communicate with you about your requests;
- to recommend or to offer you other products and services based on your inferred interests;
- to communicate with you regarding customer service issues; and
- to protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
- Personalized Offers and Web Analytics
We also automatically collect information when you visit our website in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to our website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We also collect information about how you browse through our website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our offers to you. We also use this information to improve our website. For example:
- we use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location;
- we log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our website and how visitors navigate through our website in order to detect problems, improve our website and learn about what products and services are of interest to our customers;
- we use information about products that you have clicked on to make suggestions about other products or services that you might be interested in viewing; and
- we track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular product or service in order to make inferences about other products and services you might be interested in.
- Your Ad Choices: Interest-Based Advertising
Our website uses small pixel files (small images) and cookies (small text files) to keep track of your browser so that you will be recognized when you visit other websites where our third-party ad management providers may show you advertisements from us based on your visit to our website. Some of these advertisements may be customized to particular products and services that you viewed or they may be based on inferences about products and services that you might be interested in. This is called “interest-based advertising”.
These pixel files and cookies are generally valid for a limited number of days (usually no more than 90 days) and are provided by our ad management providers.
- Regarding Children and Minors
Our website and the services offered on our website are not directed to individuals under the age of 18 years. We will not knowingly collect personal information about an individual under the age of 18.
We do not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to submit an online form requesting a service or product.
- Do We Disclose Your Personal Information to Others?
We may share your personal information with our service providers and our corporate affiliates that help us with our business operations. We share information with service providers or our affiliates who provide us with marketing and promotional services. We require our service providers and our affiliates to keep your personal information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf unless we or they have obtained your consent.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is necessary for us to collect a debt from you or where we have reason to believe that it is relevant to the investigation or decision to investigate a breach of the laws of Canada, a province or territory of Canada, or a foreign jurisdiction, and we are legally permitted to do so.
- Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information.
- Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be used or stored by us or our service providers outside of Canada. We require that our service providers safeguard your personal information. However, if your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
- How Do You Access and Modify Your Personal Information or Make a Complaint?
If you have questions or concerns about other personal information collected by us and would like assistance accessing that information, please contact us at the following email address email@example.com, and use the subject line: “PRIVACY NOTICE ENQUIRY.”
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. This includes limiting access of employees to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We do not publish all of our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information.
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit personal information to us using our website if you consider that information to be sensitive.
- Links to Third-Party Websites
You may be able to access third-party websites through links available on our websites. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not have any control over those third-party websites and we do not provide any guarantee that the privacy practices of the hosts of those websites meet our standards. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and will be governed by the privacy policies of those websites and not by this Privacy Notice. Do not transmit personal information using those websites without reading the privacy policies governing those websites.
- Notice to Persons Outside of Canada
This Privacy Notice is governed by the laws of Canada and applicable provincial law. By submitting personal information to us, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of Canada and applicable provincial laws.